If you are a founder, you know how critical it is to manage your time. And if you are a busy one, you’re all too familiar with inbox and calendar management taking up on that precious time.
While you’d usually hire a full-time personal assistant (PA) to carry out these tasks, over the past couple of years a far more flexible and efficient solution to the problem has emerged.
We’re referring to virtual assistants, of course. Virtual assistants are expert remote freelancers that carry out PA tasks – they’re becoming increasingly popular thanks to their flexibility, pricing, and increasing expertise across verticals. In fact, by 2021, it’s predicted that 24pc of digital workers will use a VA on a daily basis. This will be up from less than 2pc in 2019.
As one of the leading marketplaces for finding virtual assistant services, we’re here to talk you through this trend and how to get started with it.
Why do you need a virtual assistant (VA)?
A VA can help with a growing multitude of small tasks that consume your time as a business owner.
Think activities such as:
- Inbox and calendar management
- Travel booking and arrangement
- Research and presentation slides in preparation for your meetings
- Leads follow up calls and client management, as well as personal touches (like a thank you letter)
- Not to mention bookkeeping, paperwork and back-office activities
Beyond that, you can get a VA to hire and manage your online workforce. Many small businesses rely on online freelance help for specialist tasks like logo designer, SEO or social media marketer, or video voice over work. Based on your guidelines, a VA can scout these professionals on platforms like Fiverr, onboard them on your business and making sure they get the job done as per your standard. All, while you focus on driving the vision of your business forward.
Why a VA is better than a full-time personal assistant
VAs are remote freelancer that brings some clear benefits to small business owners:
- Flexible investment: VAs can work flexible hours on a per-need basis, instead of engaging in a full-time commitment. That means you can scale up when busy and pull back when not.
- Increased task expertise: If you have a breadth of different activities you need help with, you can hire several virtual assistants for each of them. In other words, you’ll enjoy the benefits of specialisation.
- Work while you sleep: by tapping into a global VA workforce, your business suddenly becomes productive around the clock. Go to bed in the UK, and a US-based virtual assistant will have already completed a to-do list for you by the time your wake up.
Sounds good, right? Now, to the best part.
How do you get a virtual assistant today?
Freelance marketplaces like Fiverr are the best option to get VA services in the UK.
Three main reasons why:
- Unparalleled speed. You cut search costs and the time to get things done by finding the perfect virtual assistant in under five minutes. Some tasks can be completed in as early as 24 hours.
- Specific task expertise. Thanks to more than 20 filters, you can search the perfect virtual assistant based on your budget, tasks, and whether it’s admin support, research or database management.
- Unbeatable value. You can get a virtual assistant on Fiverr without breaking the bank, with prices ranging from £5 to £500 per each activity. Prices are set up front, so no time is spent on negotiations and you know exactly what you’re paying for. Not to mention peer reviews to ensure full transparency and peace of mind.
If this new way of business is of interest, take a look at a freelance marketplace like Fiverr or hire us and see how it can benefit you today – it might just give your business that all-important competitive edge.